Course participants learn about the signs and symptoms of the most common mental health problems, how to provide initial support and advice, where and how to get professional help and how to provide first aid to a person in crisis.
Developing mental health problems covered are:
- Anxiety problems
- Substance use problems
Mental health crisis situations covered are:
- Suicidal thoughts and behaviours
- Non-suicidal self-injury (sometimes called deliberate self-harm)
- Panic attacks
- Traumatic events
- Severe effects of drug or alcohol use
- Severe psychotic states
- Aggressive behaviours
Everyone’s Doing It!
- Over 350,000 people have completed the MHFA course (more than 2% of the Australian adult population).
- The program has spread to 23 countries, including the U.S.A, Canada, New Zealand, England, China, Japan, Singapore, Nepal and Finland.
- Over 1,000,000 people have completed the MHFA course globally.